Monday 28 November 2016

You're Not Good Enough - POEM #5

I have been conditioned into a perfectionist.
My experience demanded that failure is unacceptable.
Childhood has passed,
Independence has arrived.
It's down to me to ensure perfection.

Now I have a fear of inadequacy.
I am afraid every moment in the day,
That what comes of my actions will be worthless.

People will judge me for my failures,
And laugh.
My success inadequate,
My life inadequate. 

People will accept my for my failures,
And sympathise.
My success unimportant,
My life important.

For thoughts are not fact,
Merely creations inspired by the past,
Pondering on the future.
Perfection is not possible.
Anxiety is not truth.

For our present experience is fact,
Thoughts become uninspired and weak,
Because we are purely living in the now.
Imperfection is allowed.
Peace is truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment