Wednesday 30 August 2017

Aurora - POEM #9

I'd like a girl in the seat beside me
With one leg up on the seat
And unkept hair flowing freely
Bare feet resting on the interior
Looking out the window with a blank stare
Looking through the low hanging morning mist
That sits above uninhabited fields
And below a grey sky
She'd look over at me
And her aurora coloured eyes would pierce through me
A wave of numbness would caress the space beneath my ribs
I'd struggle to breathe
A touch away from crying
From the joy in the fact
That now I am miles away from how I used to feel
Her smile would warm my lifeless body
She'd look at my neck and touch it softly
And then look out again at the road ahead
With the purr of the engine
I'd grin to myself
Thinking about the lonely places I'm leaving behind me
The road would look the same for miles as would the land either side of us
But it would feel as if it never ends
Me and a girl moving towards a place we don't know
But we would move towards it anyway







No comments:

Post a Comment